It’s been a while since I published a blogging award post, but when I discovered that Melanie from Sparks From a Combustible Mind had nominated me, I knew I had to accept the invitation.
I know some bloggers stay far from these award chains. Some don’t have time for it, and some just don’t really care about such recognition. That’s fine by me. But when someone takes the time to give my beloved little Cove a shout out, I am more than happy to tag along.
Thank you for your support and presence in The Cove! And thank you for giving me a place in the list of great bloggers you offered this award to! I’m sending you huge hugs from Freezingland… Muuuah!!
I’d like to take a minute to thank another fellow blogger. Rory from A Guy Called Bloke, has chosen to add my blog to a list of great sites, in his Gifting the Compliment post. I always get surprised when people pick me for such appreciation marks, and you can’t imagine how happy it makes me, to know that my little work in the Bloggosphere makes a difference, even the slightest one.
Again, thank you!!
I invite you to visit both Melanie and Rory… They’re both great and prolific bloggers, and I just know you’ll find something for your liking.
- Thank your nominator.
- Answer the ten questions they ask.
- Make up ten new questions for your own nominees.
- Nominate ten neat bloggers for this special honor.
- Contact your ten bloggers to let them know that they’ve been singled out for this momentous award.
- Have fun. This is purely for entertainment and passing a little bit of time, okay? No gloomy fusses need weigh in.
- What’s your favorite holiday/celebration? Hmmm.. If it wasn’t for the stress of planning it, I’d say Christmas. It is the holiday my family has the most traditions for, and it is a time to simply gather together and enjoy each other’s company, at the gloomiest time of the year, weather-wise. The only thing better than Christmas would be Christmas in Denmark. If some people think that this holiday is big in North America, Danish Christmas is HUGE! In Holiday Olympics, Denmark would definately have good chances of winning the Christmas gold medal…
- Do you enjoy snow, if you have it in your area? If we have it? It is Freezingland, of course we have snow!! As a matter of fact, we had some snow yesterday (I wish I was kidding). I have a love/hate relationship with snow. I like it at the beginning of the winter, and I love to take pictures of it when it is fresh and pretty. But when I get back from work, and that I have to shovel two feet of the white stuff in my stairs and on my balcony… Meh, the love is long gone!
- What do you think of the current news (generally, not today specifically)? Hmmm. May I pass on this one? The last two months have been only about ”what’s on the news”, and Montréal is far from out od the woods. So, no news for me, thank you very much… Unless they’re news from you Lovelies!!
- Dog or cat or guinea pig/ferret/fish/bird? Yes, please!!
- Do you like bacon? The man or the food? Never mind, I like both! Who doesn’t like bacon?? Seriously… (oh, great, my mouth is watering now, and I’m only getting groceries delivered next Friday, dang!!) And Kevin? He is the precious being linking all of us together (see the Oracle of Bacon here), so it would be very ungrateful not to recognize his importance.
- If you’re more vegan or vegetarian (someone please explain the difference. Briefly. I get confused! 😛 ) what’s your favorite veggie? I’m not… So do I get to pick a vegetable anyway? Hmmmm… I don’t want to hurt any of my favorite veggies here, so I’ll go with my least favorite: eggplant. I don’t get what people like about eggplant. Aside from its pretty color, it has nothing appealing to me. Sorry eggplants! (and Melanie, from what I understand of them, vegetarians don’t eat animals, but vegans go a step further and don’t eat food that come from animals – like eggs – either)
- Sunshine or rain/snow? It depends… But if I can stay in the shade, I prefer sunshine.
- Frozen treat on a hot day? Honestly? As long as I have fresh water, I’m a happy camper. Once or twice a year, I’ll have a milkshake, but that much sugar tends to make me dizzy, so I don’t get a craving for it that often.
- Do you have a favorite type of tree? Strangely, yes. I love weaping willows. They’re so pretty, and I like the sound of the wind in their branches.
- What generational nomenclature do you use? (explanation: which generation’s lingo do you most identify with? Or are you a linguist who embraces ALL the words from every generation? ) Ehhhh… Ok. Is it normal that I feel stupid right now? I’ll do as I usually do, and blame it on my French roots!
Now my 10 questions:
- How do you think 10-year-old-You would feel about Today-You?
- Share one thing from your bucketlist (you haven’t made a bucketlist? There must be things you hope to accomplish before you die, right? Just pick one, hehehe)
- Have you ever read a fellow blogger’s book? What book was that, and can you link the author here?
- What’s your favorite foreign country and why?
- Who’s the last person you wrote a real letter to?
- What are you the most proud, about your blog?
- What do you like the most about The Cove?
- What’s a word you wish you’d never hear again? Why?
- What’s the biggest ”from you, to you” gift you ever got yourself?
- Tell me something you wish people knew about yourself, that most people don’t?
Finally, the nomination part…
Like many, I’m not very fond of nominations for two reasons. A lot of bloggers go award-free and I don’t want to put pressure on them, or look as if I hadn’t noticed the big sign on their blog. Second, because I just can’t pick ten people, when there are so many incredible ones out there.
So, a little like Melanie, I’ll change things a little. If you read this and would like to answer my questions, please consider yourself nominated! If you do, create a pingback to this post, so I can make sure to go see your answers. And the following list is more of an invitation to visit some of my favorite bloggers (no particular order, except for Trina, because she’ll get mad at me if I don’t put her first! Mouahhahahahaha). Just to share good blogging material, and interresting characters with you, if you don’t know and follow them already!
Trina from It’s Good to Be Crazy Sometimes
Brutus from Richmond Road
Cheryl from The Bag Lady
Biff Sock Pow from Biff Sock Pow
Madame Suze from Suziland Too or Obsolete Childhood
Basil Rene from Life as an Anomaly
Anne from Horse Addict
Fandango from This, That and the Other
Saumya from Randomness Inked
Sonofabeach96 from Sonofabeach96
Oh dang… I would have made this list so much longer! So, so, so much longer. Each time I fill in an award post, and get to nominations, I realize how many amazing bloggers I know. And I always end up heart crushed that I can’t stop time, and post all of your names and awesome blogs’ links before posting…
Anyway, above are 5 women’s and 5 men’s blogs definately worth a visit. If you do go get a peek of their work, take a few seconds, and tell them Cyranny says ”hi” 🙂
Again, Melanie and Rory… Thank you!! xx