The ‘Ten Positive Things’ Challenge comes from Bipolar Whispers who writes:
“I tend to see things negatively when it comes to myself. So I thought I would challenge myself. In doing so I am also challenging you. Yes YOU! The readers of my blog. I want you to write 10 positive things about you that have nothing to do with any of your mental health issues. Post them on your blog and link the link in the comments. “
I found this challenge on Rob Goldstein’s blog. I think that in general, we are all prompt to judge ourselves, and less likely to think about what’s great about us! And let’s be frank, if we cannot see our own qualities, how can we expect others to see them?
So take a few minutes, sit down and think about it…
I am sure you can easily find 10 positive things about yourself too!
10 positive things about me
- I am not perfect, and I am fine with it! I don’t have a perfect body, and my personality is not everybody else’s cup of tea, but the people who really love me, love me for who I am, and that’s enough for me.
- I am not wealthy, but I feel rich! I might not own a house, a big car and fancy clothes or jewelry, but I worked hard for what I have, and it is a lot to me. I have a nice apartment, a fridge with enough food to keep my belly full, I am healthy, and I have a loving family, and trustworthy friends. I am aware that a lot of people can’t say the same…
- I still can see life through my inner child’s eyes! I regularly get amazed, moved and inspired by Life’s little wonders. As long as I can do that, I know that I’ll find a reason to keep going forward.
- I know there is a silver lining to everything! Sometimes, Life throws challenges my way, and it might take time before I get to understand the lesson I have to learn from them, but there is always something positive to dig out of the worst experiences.
- I don’t hold grudges! Which doesn’t mean that I forget when people hurt me. But I see no point in being angry at people. Most of the time, they are the ones hurting in the first place… I’d rather feel sorry for them than seek revenge.
- I am curious about Life! I love discovering new people, countries, food, languages, cultures… As long as I learn, days are worth living.
- I think I am a generous person! I can’t always give, but when I can, I do it gladly. I don’t expect anything back in return. I prefer when people pay the favor forward when they get the chance.
- I am game! I always enjoy a good challenge. Walking off the beaten path is the best way to discover new things. I’d rather feel ridiculous and grow as a better person, than keep my pride safe, and stagnate as a person.
- I always try not to judge! I am human, I do judge every now and then, but I try to remember that I don’t know everything about other people’s lives. Bad looks and unpleasant ways often hide so much more.
- I try to treat people as I’d like to be treated! Perhaps the greatest Life lesson my parents taught me. I sometimes fail, but I do try my best to keep that in mind. I believe it is the best way to act, on a daily basis…