I really like crafting.
Wether it is a very simple project, or something more intricate, I enjoy working with my hands, and being creative.
Recently, I was given a crafting kit. It seemed pretty simple, at first sight, and the result would be a cute little pink felt wool lamb:
I emptied the little package, to find the following;
So, a little bag of white, pink and red wool, beads for the eyes, and two disturbingly sharp needles. Seriously, I can hardly figure why they felt the need to make these needle so sharp. They almost look dangerous.
Oh, and, of course, instructions:
Now, I never claimed to be a genius, which I am not. But I usually am smart enough to figure my way out of this kind of instruction sheet. I built many Ikea pieces of furniture by myself, and never had any problem doing so. Ok, I occasionally finished with an extra screw in hand, but nothing worse ever happened.
I must say that this sheet left me a bit lost.
I get that a picture is usually worth a thousand words. But here…?? I thought that written instructions may be on the back of the paper…
So here is my take on the 18 (easy) steps to get this little lamb done…
- Get stuff out of the box. (Be careful while handling the dang sharp needles!!)
- Poke white wool with one sharp-as-hell needle.
- Shape white wool into a ball. Stare at it for a while (while trying to figure step 4, obviously!)
- Poke a little bit of red wool into the white wool ball.
- Pick up white ball. Stare at it wondering how a red ”X” appeared on it??
- Poke the useless styrofoam cube with one of the dangerously sharp needles. (Preferably in the upper-right corner. Oh! Stare at it for a moment too.)
- Put two strands of white wool on the table.
- Poke one of the strands of white wool onto the styrofoam cube.
- Magically get 4 strands of white wool on the table now. Wonder if the sharp needles are magic wands for a while.
- Put white ball next to the 5 strands of white wool on the table. Poke the white ball to stop the apparition of new white strands.
- Oh! You blinked! We’re not telling you how most of the work got done mysteriously between steps 10 and 11. Stare in wonderment.
- Take the beard-shaped strand of pink wool, and poke white ball near the red ”X”. Don’t use your fingers to hold the needle – too dangerous!
- Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke! Poke!
- Stare at the result… Hey! Wait! We forgot the eyes!!
- Use not included tool to point at eyes… Magic gun should do the trick!
- See??? (Pun intended) Stare a little bit!
- Poke lamb in the head, running white string from one side through the other.
I’ll let you all know, if I ever manage to make something resembling the expected result… But in all honesty, I doubt that will happen! LOL