Where would you go, and why?
Well that’s an easy one, isn’t it?
If you don’t know where I would fly to, I want to personally welcome you to The Cove! Because this is obviously one of your first visits.
So… Of course, I would gladly hop on a plane, if it took me to Denmark, again.
I do miss my fairy tale land…
Here is a list of (very good) reasons to go to Denmark:
- Danes are amazing people… Discreet and respectful, yet outgoing and welcoming if you dare to mingle with them!
- Wether you prefer to wander through nature, enjoy animated nighttime, learn about history, culture or design, Denmark has what you’re looking for, for perfect vacations… Unless you like skiing. Yeah, with 170 m at its highest point, you probably would find it disappointing, although you can ski down a garbage burning plant in Copenhagen!
- With a 3 1/2 hours of drive from East to West, and 4 hours drive from South to North (or the other way around, of course), you can easily visit all the main areas of Denmark in a relatively short vacation.
- Public transportation is super convenient, and it will take you about anywhere you can wish to go. And if you are in a hurry, domestic flights will take you across the country in less than an hour for a very reasonable price.
- The food is amazing. Wether you’re just snacking on a classic hot dog, having a smørrebrød (open sandwich) for lunch or going for a hearty dinner, the food always looks great, and the servings generous.
- You’re never far from water. Denmark has so much coastline, that you can hardly get away from the oceanview.
- During summer time, the days are insanely long… At mid June, the sun rises around 4h30 and sets around 22h. If that’s not enough daytime to see everything you have on your list… You’re crazier than me! LOL
- I promise that you’ll sleep better than you ever have before. Danish duvets are magical… I thought it was just me, and that I was just biased, but since my first trip, many people agreed with me that you just sleep like a baby in Vikingland. Maybe that has something to do with point number 8, though.
- Vikings… Need I say more?
- I’ve been telling you to go to Denmark for years now… Why would I do that if Denmark sucked?
If this list isn’t enough to convince you… Here are a couple of pictures, from my first four trips… Waiting for the next!
Sunset on Nyhavn
The old stock market and its impressive tower.
One of the many channels, through Copenhagen.
Sunset on Kronborg Castle in Helsingør.
Den Gamle By, Aarhus.
From the top of Denmark, with love….
What about you? Where would you fly to?
If you’d like to read Marquessa’s thoughts about today’s challenge, click here.