In an effort to keep as positive as I can this year, I dug out a post I published almost two whole years ago, as part of a challenge. 5 things I like about myself was a harder exercise than I expected it to be, because like many others, I am much more comfortable counting my flaws.
The challenge wasn’t meant for time Me-me-meing. It was about looking at yourself with kind eyes, and recognizing the good in you. I think that’s something we all should be able to do, at least from time to time.
I decided to do it again, without the ”challenge” twist to it. So here it is, my (new) list of 5 things I like about myself:
- I can cook! I am not, and never will be a chef, but I know my way around the kitchen. I enjoy time spent preparing good, comforting meals from scratch. I make an amazing spaghetti sauce, and yummy in the tummy tartiflette, and I love to improvise with whatever’s left in the fridge!
- I try my best not to judge. I won’t say that I never judge people, because judgement comes so easily. But in general, I think I can say that I don’t judge books by their cover, and that meant amazing encounters with people I never would have talked to, if I had let appearances influence me.
- I keep my inner child alive. After going through severe depression, I realized that if you don’t let your inner child speak up, from time to time, you just die a little inside. I love to let mine take spontaneous crazy decisions, and express itself filterlessly.
- I don’t give to get something back. I am a true believer in the good old ”Pay it Forward” thing. If I give you something you need, or that will put a smile on your face, my job is done. Don’t feel in debt. Appreciate it, and if you feel like you owe something back, give it to someone who doesn’t expect a little kindness.
- I have nice eyes. They are not baby blue, or a deep green… But still. I like them. But mostly because of the people who know how to make them sparkle. (Yes, Denmark… You do that very, very well 😉 )
There, you have it. Now, are you game to find five little things you like abouT yourself too? It is not a challenge per se, but I thought you might like to try the exercise. You’ll see, it’s good to have that positive look upon yourself.
And if you dare to join in, link me in… I’d love to read the 5 great things about you!